Yep, the RWC engines usually have a lower temperature thermostat (and
associated sensors/alarms) so that there is absolutely no chance of
localize boiling inside the engine.  Boiling causes deposits in the engine
which can clog passages.  Lower temp also reduces the speed of corrosion.

FWC engines have a higher temp thermostat so that they can be more
efficient.

Josh Muckley
S/V Sea Hawk
1989 C&C 37+