Fair enough Josh,  I don't have the backup of the high capacity centrifugal
pump.Of course, with my recent fiasco. I am evidently at much higher risk of
being killed by an errant jetski than drowning because my bilge pump won't keep
up.  :(More on that is forthcoming...Thanks as always to Josh, your insights
are always invaluable. Sent from Samsung tablet.
-------- Original message --------From: Josh Muckley via CnC-List
<cnc-list@cnc-list.com> Date: 6/23/20  11:29 PM  (GMT-05:00) To: C&C List
<cnc-list@cnc-list.com> Cc: Josh Muckley <muckl...@gmail.com> Subject: Re:
Stus-List Bilge pump question Bruce,That's why I like the 2 stage system which
I suggested.  It gets the best of both worlds.  You absolutely make valid
points about the weaknesses of centrifugal pumps.Josh On Tue, Jun 23, 2020,
22:53 bwhitmore via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:I hate disagreeing
with Josh or Edd as I respect you guys so much.  But my opinion is that if you
need volume pumping, something is dramatically wrong.  If you're not on the
boat, it will sink anyway.  If you're on the boat, it may give you more time to
find the leak, but my centrifugal pumps tend to clog, bind up, or at least
never pump to the stated volume.   I'd rather have a 300 gph pump I think will
actually pump that much than a 1,000 rated gph pump that ultimately I don't
think I can fully rely on that actually delivers 500 gph.Centrifugal pumps tend
to rely on numbers without lift, where diaphragm pumps are not affected nearly
as much.Just my $.02 worthBruce Sent from Samsung tablet.-------- Original
message --------From: Josh Muckley via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com> Date:
6/23/20  10:16 PM  (GMT-05:00) To: C&C List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com> Cc: Josh
Muckley <muckl...@gmail.com> Subject: Re: Stus-List Bilge pump question The
diaphragm pumps are great for getting the very last drops but they tend to be
relatively low flow rate.  I would suggest that you consider adding as high of
a capacity pump as will fit and have it run on an automatic switch.  You could
have them run simultaneously but really having just the new high flow pump run
as the primary pump is sufficient.  Once the bilge is pumped, you can pump the
dredges manually with the diaphragm pump.For high flow you're basically going
to get a centrifugal pump.  I replaced the original Rule with another pricey
Rule pump which failed withing 3 years.  I replaced it with a Walmart Atwood
Pump which failed within 3 years and replaced it with the current Johnson pump.
 I'm not hopeful that it will last more than 3 years.Josh Muckley S/V Sea Hawk
1989 C&C 37+Solomons, MDOn Tue, Jun 23, 2020, 16:02 Matt Wolford via CnC-List