Graham Collins
Secret Plans
C&C 35-III #11

On 2020-06-24 2:11 p.m., Charlie Nelson via CnC-List wrote:
Thanks a bunch Edd--

One further question(I am new to this switch/ACR system!):

I have been keeping the battery switch set to the ON position always, motoring, at the dock with charger plugged in, etc. as I rarely anchor out without access to power. I understand that my system is wired so that the ON position is dedicated to the start battery(it was installed by a very competent boat electrician, not by me!). I probably need to trace the wiring to confirm this.

Anyhow, In the event that I do anchor out, should I set  the battery switch from ON to COMBINE BATTERIES?

In my former boat world, I would just use the rotary switch and move from battery #1 (start) to #2 (house)--thereby isolating the start battery from use. With my present system, I am unsure of what to do with the batteries when I anchor.

My assumption is that if I leave the switch at the ON position, the start battery is being drawn down while the house batteries are not supplying anything. OTOH, if I go to COMBINE BATTERIES, all the batteries are being drawn down.

Charlie Nelson

PS:  Need to be able to disconnect the solar to store the panel when I am club racing--it won't be permanently mounted.