Just drilled six holes in my test panel and filled with epoxy.  Have to wait
for cure and then I'll compare pilot holes and screws to plastic anchors.   I
did two holes using Thixo Flexible epoxy which is new to me but very easy to
use.   I really like how it mixes itself in the nozzle and comes out a gel.
Prepped all the holes the same: undercut with a router bit in my drill to
remove a little extra balsa so the epoxy plug has a top flange to hold it in.
It's 85 here so I used slow hardener to get a fair test.  Painted all the balsa
with neat 105/206 using a very small acid brush and then added 404 to the mix
until ketchup consistency and slowly worked the thickened epoxy into each of
the first four holes using the mixing stick and the small brush being careful
not to trap air.  Filled the last two holes with Thixo after painting the balsa
with neat 105/206.

Chuck S