We also used stadium chairs for a while.  They worked OK but we took them
off the boat for space and weight considerations.

Now we use folded beach towels and cushions from the settee and dinette
below.

On another note, we keep a folding table similar to one of these on board:

https://www.woodscanada.com/products/folding-camp-table

Stores easily in the hanging locker.  We use it in the cockpit or between
the settee and dinette when the dinette is converted to a bed.
  --
Dennis C.
Touche' 35-1 #83