I have 4 of the low back folding seats sold by West Marine
(https://www.westmarine.com/buy/west-marine--go-anywhere-low-back-seat-2--10
385656?recordNum=2) on my 38 instead of cockpit cushions. WM regularly puts
them on sale at 2 for $100.

Laid flat they substitute for cushions on top of the cockpit lockers, two of
them folded up will fit on the flat spots in the aft corners of the cockpit
behind the wheel for a more comfortable helm seat, I've laid one on top of
another and partly folded the top one against the forward cockpit bulkhead
to get me above the bridge deck traveler when I want to take a nap, and they
occasionally end up on the foredeck or cabin top as seating for guests or
suntan cushions. They are very flexible.

Big drawback is that 4 of them pretty much fills up the quarter berth when
stored below. Small drawback is that there is no way to fix them in position
when on the sides of the cockpit and one needs to be careful when coming
down from deck to cockpit that they do not slip under foot and cause a fall.

Rick Brass

Washington, NC