During periods of longer travel, I've store my old and very heavy 80's
vintage Evinrude OB in a cockpit locker.  Upon arrival at the destination,
the Admiral and I hoist it out with a halyard and drop it on the dinghy
transom.  My bimini is such that I have a clear shot at that.

We lift the dinghy on/off the foredeck the same way, with a halyard.
  --
Dennis C.
Touche' 35-1 #83