From: David Hayward <krazysail...@live.com>
Sent: Tuesday, August 11, 2020 9:02 AM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Subject: Stus-List 1979 C&C 34: why hangers on thru-deck mast fitting?

Hi

Wonder if I have the mast set-up correctly. There are two staniless steel
straps hanging down port & starboard of the mast. They are bolted to the
thru-deck fitting, are about 10 inches long and  a bolt hole in the bottom end
almost aligns with holes in the mast. Purpose and should the hangers be bolted
to the mast?

Also there's stainless steel rod nth a turnbuckle on the bottom end (in the
v-berth cabin) that connects the deck to the keel. Purpose and how to tune?

[cid:image001.jpg@01D66FC1.F77EEC70]

Thx
David
https://krazysailing.wordpress.com/