There have been a couple of threads here on "dimples" on the topsides of
the earlier models, in particular the 32's.  My 35-1 had dimples at the
braces for the upper shrouds.  It also had a slight pattern of roving
showing also.  I sanded these blemishes out when I had the topsides
repainted.

I've never tried to correlate them to hydraulic backstays.  I always
attributed it to "post cure shrinkage".  Whether that's actually a thing or
not, I don't know but it sounds good.

  --
Dennis C.
Touche' 35-1 #83