I have been following this topic for a while as I would love to ditch diesel
someday if practical.  A number of companies besides Thunderstruck make
electric conversion kits for boats.  Nigel Calder has been researching and
writing about this topic for some time in Sail Magazine.  There is a series of
articles there and here is a useful example discussing battery needs:
https://www.sailmagazine.com/diy/the-price-of-power

I suspect the merits of this possibility may change as lithium batteries get
better and hopefully cheaper.  I was turned off to the idea electric on a
sailboat after listening in on a VHF emergency call to the Coast Guard last
summer of someone with a fire in their lithium battery compartment that they
could not put out.  But now it seems they have come up with new lithium
batteries not susceptible to fire when in contact with water.  So I think this
is an evolving topic with rapid innovation especially driven by electric cars.
A friend of mine recently installed a Tesla solar battery system for his house
and loves it. We lost power for 5 days after the hurricane and he barely
noticed.  I just ordered a new electric motor for my dinghy, which I will
report back on when it arrives and I have had a chance to use it some.  Dave

S/V Aries
1990 C&C 34+
New London, CT