Julian,
I have a plastic holding tank in that location with a deck fitting directly
above set up from the factory that way I believe. Waste lines lead from the
head, through the bottom of the adjacent wet locker, and just under the
cockpit locker floor to the top of the holding tank, which is just aft of
the 6gal hot water tank. Are you sure the aluminum tank is not a waste
tank? My factory water tanks are under the vee berth and another under the
starboard settee, both plastic. We are on our boat this weekend, so if you
email a reminder I will try to get a photo for you.
30-2 Osprey, Gig Harbor