What’s the pink good stuff?  Around here, pink antifreeze is used for
winterizing potable water systems.  It is not the good stuff for engines (at
least not mine).

From: CnC-List <cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com> On Behalf Of Mazen Aziz via
CnC-List
Sent: Tuesday, August 25, 2020 10:55 PM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: Mazen Aziz <mazen.a...@olympian.org>
Subject: Stus-List Overheating yanmar 3gm30

Hi everyone,

Hope everyone is doing well and staying safe. So since I got the boat(C&c-3 35)
2 months ago, I have been doing all the typical engine Maintinance. I never
touched an  <https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/tags/engine.html> engine
before with absolutely no experience. Got the
<https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/tags/boat.html> boat and started to
follow the manual from
<https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/tags/oil%20change.html> oil change,
filters, impellers etc. However, my
<https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/tags/engine.html> engine now heats up and
the idiot temp  <https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/tags/alarm.html> alarm
comes off. I have a yanmar 3gm30 that has been modified to be coolant cooled.

My engine had unknown green
<https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/tags/coolant.html> coolant, I went ahead
and flushed it and replaced it with the pink good stuff. While troubleshooting
the overheat, I checked the impellers again(both new), pumps rotate with no
problem or leak and sea  <https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/tags/water.html>
water ofF the  <https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/tags/exhaust.html> exhaust
and no leakage anywhere. So I think it has to be the coolant circuit. Something
weird is that the hose from the
<https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/tags/heat%20exchanger.html> heat
exchanger to the  <https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/tags/pump.html> pump
until the thermostat, stays cold. But from the thermostat to the engine block
and the last hose from block to the
<https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/tags/heat%20exchanger.html> heat
exchanger is really hot. All hoses are replaced and checked for blockage. Is
that an air block? If so, how can I bleed the system? Couldn’t find that
anywhere. Also after the engine cools, I opened all the hoses to check if they
have flow on them, and they all had coolant except these last 2 from the engine
block to the heat exchanger. Is that normal? Should I fill them up manually
with coolant to try to get rid of any air blockage?

Last but not least, I may have trouble shoot the engine so much, and now I see
steam that comes off or close by the 1st cylinder. Also a lot of blue smoke
from the  <https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/tags/exhaust.html> exhaust.
That never happened before. Did I mess up big time?

Thank you again for your time

Enterprise

C&c-35

San Francisco

MAZEN AZIZ
 <https://mazenaziz.wixsite.com/mazenaziz>
https://mazenaziz.wixsite.com/mazenaziz

"I don't think that architecture is only about shelter, is only about a very
simple enclosure. It should be able to excite you, to calm you, to make you
think." Zaha Hadid

"It isn't the mountains ahead to climb that wear you out; it's the pebble in
your shoe." Muhammad Ali