Lol - worked for HUBBELL for 20 years and get kinda peevish on low-rent
connectors too.    It amazes me that the automobile cigarette lighter has left
us this klunky legacy.
After military/aerospace The industrial automation biz probably has the best
harsh environment and ip68 (ingress protection) rated low voltage and current
stuff.  https://bradharrisonsales.com/mc_attachable_connectors.htm
Just an example, the first google hit.  there are broad families of these and
many other manufacturers.  Turck, Phoenix, Brad Harrison, others.      If you
can’t adapt a molded cordset (likely the most common) Look for ‘field
attachable’ or ‘field wireable’ ‘mini-change’ etc   Search also ‘devicenet’
connectors.  You will notIce that a micro-change (might be nano.....)
devicenet connector is the same as nmea2000.
Dave
Sent from my iPhone