From: Joe Della Barba <j...@dellabarba.com>
Sent: September 17, 2020 1:06 PM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Subject: Stus-List Re: Re-power and prop for 1981 C&C Landfall 38

I agree, get yourself a nice Beta 37 ½ HP diesel, and a 3 blade flex-a – fold.
I replaced a 4-108 with one of those Kubota’s, the mounting was about  2 inches
narrower, I just had to get some 3” aluminum (or maybe 4”) angle to replace the
old steel angle.  You will be amazed at how much lighter it is from the Perkins.

An old slip neighbor also had a 39, he replaced his atomic with a 30 HP Yanmar,
and was disappointed with the loss in power.  But it will still get you from A
to B.

Bill Coleman

 An Atomic 4 puits out 30 HP at 3600 RPM, so  unless the original install had
the A4 with the reduction gear, something is very wrong with the Yanmar if it
cannot equal the A4. Most A4 powered boats with direct drive are maxing out at
maybe 22-24 HP.

Joe

Coquina