Thanks, Joe.

My mechanic became a diesel expert working on diesel engines in Vietnam.  I’m
pretty sure he knows what he’s doing.  The concern you raise in point 2, below,
is likely why he installed an in-line filter before the electric pump.

From: Della Barba, Joe via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Sent: Wednesday, October 07, 2020 12:11 PM
To: Stus-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Cc: Della Barba, Joe <joe.della.ba...@ssa.gov>
Subject: Stus-List Re: Universal diesel

Putting the pump first and running fuel under pressure can solve some problems.
The Racor does not care if fuel gets pushed in one end or pulled out the other
end.

Why it is a bad idea:

1.      The filters are designed for vacuum side installation for safety. A
leak will tend to suck air in and make the engine quit. A leak under pressure
can seep or spray fuel and still leave enough to run the engine. This is really
bad when the fuel is gasoline and not great for diesel.
2.      The pump is now the first line of defense. Dirt/sand/algae/etc. can now
clog the pump up and it is a lot harder to unclog a pump than a filter!

Joe Della Barba Coquina C&C 35  MK I

www.dellabarba.com <http://www.dellabarba.com>