Bill,

I've heard people quote 25,000 hours between rebuilds for engines similar
to ours in fleet service.  That's basically taxis and work skiffs.  They
start 'em at the beginning of the day and don't shut them down except for
fuel or to go home.  They also run more or less full load most of the day
since they are "tugging" or taxiing and either way time is money.

I didn't even hesitate to buy a spare engine with 6000 hours on it.  Most
of us will kill our engines through too little use.  Rust or carbon.  Or
some other neglectful act.

Josh Muckley
S/V Sea Hawk
1989 C&C 37+
Solomons, MD

On Wed, Oct 14, 2020, 15:18 Bill Coleman <colt...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Rick, you seem like a good person to ask this question,
>
> Is there a good way to estimate what the equivalent  Hours, like say 2,500
> engine hours on a boat, would translate to in Miles, (odometer reading) to
> guesstimate life span?
>

> Bill Coleman
>
> Entrada, Erie, PA
>

> October is the time to show your appreciation with a small contribution to
> this list to help offset the costs. If you want to support the list - use
> - Stu
October is the time to show your appreciation with a small contribution to this
list to help offset the costs. If you want to support the list - use PayPal to