Regarding sitting - after winterizing the engine will sit until spring. I doubt
that is really such a big deal although yes these things don’t like to sit.
The boat sat for 2 years before we bought it and the engine has run well
without issues or leaky seals or anything since (had to replace a bad fuel pump
and glow plug relay). So 5-6 months over the winter doesn’t seem like a big
deal.

I don’t generally put a lot of hours on the engine <50/year and this year I
have only put about 25 hours on the Westerbeke 20B2 in Wisper.  We are hauling
out on Monday. I have been pondering if it really makes sense to change the oil
and oil filter at that point (per the change it every fall on haul out
philosophy). Or is that is a waste of resources and oil (more from an
environmental perspective then $ costs) and I should just wait for it to reach
100 hours to change it.

Any thoughts?

- -
Nathan Post
S/V Wisper
1981 C&C 34 KCB
Lynn MA USA
October is the time to show your appreciation with a small contribution to this
list to help offset the costs. If you want to support the list - use PayPal to