Just remember Alexander Graham Bell was tinkering with hydrofoils in the 1920's to start this whole mess off.  Hydrofoils, I don't think ever really took off as mainstream method of reducing drag on boats until America's cup people started playing with it. There have been a few foiling survey vessels etc.  I am interested in watching how this technology evolves.  I haven't found a way to watch the races yet up here in NS Canada.  Maybe someone could share some tips. I do prefer the old boats, where crew work seemed to matter more than straight line speed.

Cheers,
   Jeff Nelson
   Muir Caileag
   C&C 30 Mk 1 549

On 2020-12-22 12:57 a.m., Richard Bush via CnC-List wrote:

I agree with all of Dwight's comments except one; they're not monohull sailboats...they are hydrofoils, and as such, I don't consider them as the sailboats I prefer for the America's cup racing;
Richard
s/v Bushmark4; 1985 C&C 37 CB; Ohio River Mile 596;

Richard N. Bush Law Offices
2950 Breckenridge Lane, Suite Nine
Louisville, Kentucky 40220-1462
502-584-7255