From: CHARLES SCHEAFFER via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
To: Stus-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Cc: CHARLES SCHEAFFER <cscheaf...@comcast.net>
Sent: Sat, Jan 23, 2021 11:49 pm
Subject: Stus-List Re: Winch bit

  Found "The Cranker" bit for $40.
https://www.thecranker.com/#_What_is_%E2%80%A6?       Never tried one but it
looks worth having the bit.    I'd rather do this at the dock and use a corded
angle drill like    this $150 one from Harbor Freight
https://www.harborfreight.com/13-amp-2-speed-12-in-heavy-duty-right-angle-drill-kit-64121.html
       Or rig up an electric winch at the base of the mast with a remote
control.       Or hoist a duffelbag full of anchor chain weighing the same
weight of the climber to the mast head and then use that to neutralize the
climber's weight so he can scamper on up at his leisure.  Never tried it but
read it somewhere.       Chuck S
  On 01/23/2021 10:35 PM ALAN BERGEN via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
wrote:           I used a friend's bit and 1/2" right angled drill to hoist me
up the mast. I was able to get almost all the way up on a full charge. Works
great, but if I couldn't borrow the drill and bit, I wouldn't buy one just for
that purpose.
          Alan Bergen   35 Mk III Thirsty   Rose City YC   Portland, OR

   On Sat, Jan 23, 2021 at 4:57 PM Adam Hayden via CnC-List <