From: CHARLES SCHEAFFER via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Sent: Tuesday, January 26, 2021 8:06 PM
To: Stus-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Cc: CHARLES SCHEAFFER <cscheaf...@comcast.net>
Subject: Stus-List Re: Winch bit

FWIW,  My main's sail slides are nylon and I spray the mast groove with
MackLube and I sail solo 90% of the time.  I hoist the main from either the
cockpit or at the mast by hand.  I use a winch to put the final tension on the
luff, but not to hoist it up.  Hoisting by hand is so much faster.  The sail
weighs 60# but I'm not pulling the entire weight until the head is very near
the top of the mast.  (My main is 330 Sq Ft compared to a 44's 410 sq ft.)

Chuck Scheaffer