I also have TidesMarine track and pull the main up at the mast by hand. I was
surprised at how much easier it is than using a winch on the cabin top.  I put
it in a clam cleat on the mast and then take up the excess halyard at the
winch/organizer/stopper on the cabintop.  When snugged, I then tighten the last
few inches with the winch which because of the angles, pulls the line out of
the clam cleat on the mast.  Very easy.  One of the things I really like about
the laminate sail I bought a few years ago is it is significantly lighter than
my older dacron main, which makes hoisting noticeably easier.  That was an
unexpected benefit of a fast racing sail made from modern materials.  Dave

S/V Aries
1990 C&C 34+
New London, CT