If Charlie is interested in spending serious money for one headsail in
order to get better racing results then I think he would be well advised to
get really serious about racing and be prepared to part with more serious
money for a headsail inventory. My c&c 35 loses a lot if i neglect a needed
headsail change when conditions dictate. So you are correct in your reply.
Our boats need the proper headsail to do their best in all conditions and
aside from having the inventory you crew needs to be able to make efficient
headsail changes on the fly. Rather than be frustrated because you don’t
have the best sail for the conditions maybe just race when the conditions
are appropriate for the one good sail you have.  Furling headsails are very
nice but on our boats not the best for racing and relying on handicap
adjustments is not that good either. My 35 probably requires at minimum 6
good sailors to race at it best and maybe more at high windspeed to put
weight on the windward rail to keep heel angle below 20 degrees

--
Sent from Gmail Mobile