That won't be a problem...at least it wasn’t for me on my 40 and now on my
Baltic 47, both of which have the kite tacked just aft of the headstay.
If you do it right, that outside gybe is way easier than an inside gybe. I used
to set, douse, and gybe the kite on my 40 singlehanded.
Andy

Andrew Burton
26 Beacon Hill
Newport, RI