From: Bill Coleman via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Sent: March 8, 2021 11:58 AM
To: 'Stus-List' <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Cc: Bill Coleman <colt...@gmail.com>
Subject: Stus-List Re: Asymmetrical Spinnaker outside jibe

I hope you are not suggesting attaching it in any way to your pulpit, I think
that would end badly.
I am in the concept stage of this, but with an anchor roller that will get me
at least 20” ahead of the Headstay, and a gusset down the front of the stem.
I personally like to keep the A sail ahead of the forestay, I’ve had too many
trials of terror trying to get an asymmetrical  un-wrapped from around a roller
furled jib.
I find it novel that we have gone from old boats with bowsprits, to clean
looking bows, and then back to bowsprits, albeit a little different.
Then from Gaff rigged sailboats to Marconi rigs, and now back to square-top
Mains.

Bill Coleman
Entrada, Erie, PA