I have a 1983 C&C 40 AC.
It has the original engine, Westerbeke W33 still going well.
I pulled it 2 yrs ago and redid seals, gaskets, injectors, damper plate etc.
This winter I had the tranny rebuilt.

If the engine is running fine and shows no issues then a light refresh like
I did might be the way to go. It is a fraction of the cost of a new one.
I expect to get a few more years out of mine and then will explore a
saildrive :-)
My engine is around 3500-4000hours.
Of course this is a diesel so maybe different than an Atomic 4.