Thanks for all the reply’s!

I think a new vhf and ram mic would be the best thing, but all said and done,
I’m looking at anywhere from $500-$1000 CAD or more. I have all Raymarine on
board and their radios are very expensive. That is on the wish list but I think
that money could go towards better things. I’m thinking for a few feet of
speaker wire and a $10 switch, trying to tie it into the stereo speakers would
make the most sense right now.

Bill, a few IPA’s deep is the best way to shop for boat parts, that will be
needed if I do decide to buy a new radio and ram mic in the future. I too am a
pilot and am comfortable on the radio and understand the importance of good
communication. Maybe I should get dual comms lol. I find in my area, the people
I need to tell off don’t monitor the radio (or have taken full ownership of a
channel with their friends and don’t monitor 16), and mostly I am listening for
security calls from large commercial vessels before entering narrows, and no
response is generally needed as they give plenty of warning, and I always give
them way as they are on the clock and I’m just out for pleasure.

Thanks again.

Cam