Any advice/help appreciated....my 32 has a split backstay....SS rod down to the split where it is now wire coated to the turnbuckles....no hydraulic gauge to measure pressure....every year when stepping the mast the backstay is attached and I tension the two turnbuckles before any after manual tension available...by looking at the mast, feeling the forestay, and the backstay,....and I use my Loos RT 10 gauge....I know meant for the rod rig shrouds and not  to measure tension on each side of the plastic coated wire split backstay.   I estimate it to be 1,000 to 1,100 lbs. the way I am doing it but who knows.

Is there a better way to determine what my at the slip backstay tension could be?

Rob Abbott
AZURA
C&C 32 - #277
Halifax, N.S.