I'm still getting the hang of coaxing the speed out of her, especially in
light air. Had a brief sail on a CM1200 race boat the other night, and it
was an eye opener - barely a breath of wind and we were making 3-4 knots
closehauled with a #4 jib. Closereaching in 10 knots we could make a steady
7knots, and then we had a fun return making 10 knots in about 14-15 using
the huge A1 (1250sqft). Now I know why this boat leaves everyone in its
wake! Quite a ride.
We looked at some really comfortable looking cruisers for our next boat,
but I still want something that can move in light air, yet be comfortable
in big seas... the search continues. Meanwhile, we'll enjoy what we have. :)

--
Shawn Wright
shawngwri...@gmail.com