Maybe my experience was not typical, but it was pretty easy if you have the
required documents referred to on the USCG site.
Proof of ownership and any PO liens released then a transfer form if she is
already documented and you’re there.
Takes a while and was regular mail a few years ago, but not hard to do.
Good luck,
Chuck Borge
C&C41
Tenacious