I don't think that is the official USCG site.   <
https://maritimedocumentation.us/> is a third party private service.  No
problem using them, it will just cost a bunch more and take longer.

The official, and MUCH cheaper, USCG site is:

https://www.dco.uscg.mil/Our-Organization/Deputy-for-Operations-Policy-and-Capabilities-DCO-D/National-Vessel-Documentation-Center/

Here's the instructions for initial documentation:

https://www.dco.uscg.mil/Portals/9/DCO%20Documents/NVDC/INITIAL.pdf?ver=2018-12-28-130935-913

I had an issue with Touche's documentation.  The previous owner failed to
clear a lien.  The folks at the "real" vessel documentation center were
fairly helpful in resolving the issue.
  --
Dennis C.
Touche' 35-1 #83