I have a 2004 C&C 99 which has a vacuum bagged epoxy hull.  The finish is a
polyester gel coat.  Here is a quote from Tim Jackett the designer from Tartan
Yachts who built the boat “The gelcoat is NPG Isothalic, which is a polyester
product.” So obviously it can be done with the proper preparation.  The finish
sill looks like new.

Rod Stright

Sail Safe,

Rod Stright