What did you use for lube? (for the FURLER!!!!!!)

Joe Della Barba

Coquina C&C 35 MK I

Kent Island MD USA

From: Dave S via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Sent: Friday, July 9, 2021 8:43 PM
To: Stus-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Cc: Korbey Hunt <kampf2...@hotmail.com>; Dave S <syerd...@gmail.com>
Subject: Stus-List Re: Old Harken Roller II

Yes.  I puzzled over this for 2 seasons, and experimented with ineffective
solutions until I f inally, seriously, cleaned and lubricated the head swivel
while catching up on maintenance stuff.   I did not  connect this with the
wrapping at all as

It had always seemed to turn very freely however it turns out it was binding
under heavy load.

 I had checked it but could not replicate without the sail set so I could never
actually see the cause.  It was Dangerous at times and just a real hassle other
times.

After cleaning and lubricating the swivel, it spins even more freely, a
noticeable difference once you have a comparison.

Hasn’t jammed or wrapped since.

Dave

33-2

Sent from my iPhone