I am a new C&C34 owner and initially had trouble with my Harken Furler. The
wire halyard wraps around at the masthead when furling. It was clear from
the fraying wire and twisted coil that this had been a problem. I switched
over to a braided line jib halyard and it works fine now. I also watched a
youtube video (pretty old footage) that specified a 7 degree angle between
the furling foil and the halyard up at the masthead and that Harken makes a
fitting to mount on the mast a bit down from the top in order to increase
that angle. Now that it works, I will clean and lubricate it to make it
even better!

Todd R. Williams
C&C 34
Sodus Bay, NY