From: John McCrea via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Sent: Monday, November 15, 2021 5:57 PM
To: 'Stus-List' <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Cc: johnmcc...@comcast.net
Subject: Stus-List Main Halyard Lower Sheave Box on the 36-1.

Hello. Two years ago, I swapped out the rope to wire halyards on Talisman
and replaced the mast sheaves at the top of the mast. All working great
except the main halyard. It tends to bind up the last few feet and on the
36-1 there is a bottom exit centerline sheave box where the main halyard
exits just above the deck. Since it was designed to handle wire I am
assuming this may be the culprit. I pulled it yesterday and it is a complete
welded unit so you can not easily replace the sheave like the masthead. Has
anyone replaced this and any advice? Thanks!

John McCrea

Talisman

1979 36-1

Mystic, CT