I have re routed my main halyard so it exits the mast on the starboard side and
leads aft.   I have also replaced the sheaves on the other mast exists.   It
has to be done by someone who can weld stainless.   When the welds are broken
the exit box so changes shape so it is best to use a means of holding the shape
when you remove the pins.

Mike Brannon
Virginia Lee 93295
1978 C&C 36-1 CB