Hey guys,

A new air filter for my Universal M4-30 cost $17 and which seems expensive for
a simple ring of foam rubber sown like a bracelet.  I removed the old oil caked
foam from the little screen and cleaned it up with solvent before installing
the new one and had to flatten the venturi to get a good fit.  The parts guy
said it was more of a silencer than a filter.  Anybody know of a better air
filter for a diesel engine like mine?

Chuck Scheaffer Resolute 1989 C&C 34R