Have used K&N in my vehicles for decades. Very satisfied. Should work in boats.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 29, 2022, at 9:31 PM, Dave via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:

We have met the enemy, and he is us!  Lol....
Mine also disintegrated, and the particles were ingested by the engine.   Seems
a bit ironic for an air filter to expire this way, though oddly just for
failing to replace it.
You too were punished.   Karma.

Glad it worked out.

Dave

Sent from
Mail<https://nam12.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fgo.microsoft.com%2Ffwlink%2F%3FLinkId%3D550986&data=05%7C01%7C%7C042808cf6ecf40ae06a908da5a3848b7%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637921495026483917%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000%7C%7C%7C&sdata=MYgkeIs0%2FcluqOadNRcsJVXbPpzeRje7bPp5lGSeHPA%3D&reserved=0>
 for Windows

From: Robert Abbott<mailto:robertabb...@eastlink.ca>
Sent: June 29, 2022 6:18 PM
To: Stus-List<mailto:cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Cc: Dave S<mailto:syerd...@gmail.com>
Subject: Yanmar 2 GMF

Dave,

The truth be known, genius here 2 or 3 years ago took the old filter out and it
had pretty much had been disintegrated....not having a new Yanmar air filter,
but the old metal ring, I took a piece of a sponge and cut it to fit into the
metal ring and thought it was all O.K.   The sponge will filter the air.
Right?

Well no, it did work for a while but a genuine Yanmar air filter works
better.....as I found out.

There, I confessed....it was me that caused the problem.   The new Yanmar air
filter cost $45 here which seems like a lot for a simple device.  But $45 is
not a lot when the pain, angst, and disruption of one's sailing season is in
jeopardy.

Rob Abbott
AZURA
C&C 32 - #277