From: Shawn Wright via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Sent: Tuesday, November 1, 2022 11:05 AM
To: Stus-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Cc: Shawn Wright <shawngwri...@gmail.com>
Subject: Stus-List Re: 35 MK I Mainsheet and Vang

The preventer setup describe is exactly what we used on the boat we sailed back
from Maui to Victoria this summer. The control lines for the spin pole were
also used for preventer, one on each side. The preventer lines ran along the
boom and were stored at a cleat on the boom near the gooseneck when not in use.
Simply uncleat, attach to the end of the spin control line, and you then had
preventer control in the cockpit. We didn't get much chance to use it during
the mostly upwind crossing, but when we did, it worked well and minimized the
need to go on deck.

--

Shawn Wright

shawngwri...@gmail.com <mailto:shawngwri...@gmail.com>

S/V Callisto, 1974 C&C 35

https://www.facebook.com/SVCallisto

On Mon, Oct 31, 2022 at 8:29 AM Della Barba, Joe via CnC-List