I also replaced a thru-hull with a Groco brass thru-hull (flush mount) that was
not exactly the same size.  Some minor adjustment and re-setting with West
System colloidal silica resulted in a perfect fit (if I do say so myself).
Almost child’s play.

From: Dreuge via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Sent: Thursday, January 19, 2023 12:58 PM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: tagraph...@optonline.net; Dreuge <dre...@gmail.com>
Subject: Stus-List Re: Thru Hull

Hi Tom,

When I replaced my thru-hulls, all but one were flush mounted.  I replaced them
with Groco FTH-####  thru-hulls.  It was pretty easy to reset new ones with
some dremel and epoxy work.   If you have exposed core, then its best to ream
the core back and fill and glass it in.   I have a description on my blog
including waxing the thru-hull while doing the flush epoxy work.

 <https://svjohannarose.blogspot.com/search/label/thru-hulls> S/V Johanna Rose

 <https://svjohannarose.blogspot.com/search/label/thru-hulls>
svjohannarose.blogspot.com

 <https://svjohannarose.blogspot.com/search/label/thru-hulls>