From: Jeff Nelson via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Sent: Friday, March 10, 2023 8:25 AM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: Jeff Nelson <jhnelso...@gmail.com>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Stus-List Re: Motor Mounts

Yes! That would be a great option as well, if a larger bolt size isn't possible
for re-tapping, then just drill out
enough for the heli-coil of the right bolt size and good to go.

Cheers,

  Jeff Nelson

  Muir Caileag

  C&C 30 - 549

  Armdale Y.C.
On 2023-03-10 09:21, Joel Aronson via CnC-List wrote:
Or a heli-coil

Joel

On Fri, Mar 10, 2023 at 8:11 AM Rob Hamlin via CnC-List
Thanks Jeff that was my other question, what’s under the fiberglass.

Yes I was able to get the bolts out.  Good thought on retapping and larger size.

-Rob

Sent from my iPhone

> On Mar 10, 2023, at 7:43 AM, Jeff Nelson via CnC-List
> <cnc-list@cnc-list.com<mailto:cnc-list@cnc-list.com>> wrote:
>
> Well that's going to be fun.  Have you been able to take the old bolts out,
> and is it possible to tap a new thread
> next size up?  That would be easiest solution.  Otherwise, Major
> re-construction in your future, I see.
> Good news, If yours is like my 30, it is a big mass of fiberglass topped with
> a steel plate.  Maybe you could wap
> it with a new steel plate and through drill it from the sides to secure it.
> Otherwise grinder and lots of new
> fiberglass.
>
> Cheers,
>  Jeff Nelson