Hi Kevin and other Landfall 43 owners:

"Sails well for what it is"... that's what concerns me... not sure I am
ready to sail a Hunter-bago! I know it won't accelerate or turn like my 35,
but I need to be sailing if there's wind, not motoring, as that would not
work for me.
So what is the minimum true wind speed you would sail in on a reach, and
what boat speed would you get? How much true wind do you need to get moving
at 7kts consistently? If you do offshore passages, what is a typical day,
and what is your best day range in 24 hrs?
How does it go upwind, and what is the AWA when closehauled and tuned for
best VMG?

On a different topic, how is the cockpit, and locker storage on deck? The
cockpit looks a bit shallow/small, with no good back rests. There appears
to be two small aft deck lockers, and one port side aft locker; one of
these I assume is propane. How large/deep are the lockers? One of the
reasons we didn't like the 44 was minimal locker space on deck, so this is
a concern also.

Thanks!
--
Shawn Wright
shawngwri...@gmail.com

On Fri, Mar 17, 2023 at 2:14 PM Kevin Wright via CnC-List <
cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:

> Hi Shawn,
> We have a 1985 Landfall 43 in Georgian Bay, going into our 3 season. Love
> the boat has all the room we need and more and it sails well for what it
> is. Haven't had any major issues, like David, our engine was replaced with
> a 55hp  Westerbeke and does 7 knots without any problems. The only thing we
> wished it had was some sort of sugar scoop to make it easier to get in and
> out of the dingy. I'm heading to the boat tomorrow to take some
> transom measurements to have a swim platform fabricated to help with that.
> Let us know how it turns out!
>
> *Kevin Wright*
> Raven
> 1985 Landfall 43