Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the feedback. Raven looks great! How is the mainsheet clearance
for the aft end of the enclosure? Looks like it might be close. Do you have
a traveller or just two blocks for the mainsheet? It looks like you don't
have the inner forestay, but do have a babystay? I notice most LF43s have a
traveller track just forward of the mast, which I assume is for a self
tacking staysail on a boom? I've only seen one fully rigged as a cutter
with furling staysail, but am not sure how it's all rigged.
Sounds like the lack of deck storage can be mitigated in a few ways, maybe
with some of the storage across from the engine.
I've been aboard a few CC boats (Hylas, Whitby, Moody, Taswell, Westerly)
and of course the cockpit when enclosed is great, and the interiors are
usually amazing, but I have never sailed one. I expect the
improved visibility will be welcome. I was going to ask about your dinghy -
are those storage hangers on the stern of Raven? Have you stored it on the
foredeck before?

--
Shawn Wright
shawngwri...@gmail.com

On Sat, Mar 18, 2023 at 4:25 PM Kevin Wright <kcwright...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Shawn,
> I had an Olson 30 I raced on lake Ontario, the Landfall is not that. It
> sails well for being a 43' cruising boat (modified fin, short rig). To
> be honest, I don't pay too much attention to how fast we're going and how
> much wind there is. When there's wind we sail, when we drop below 2 knots
> we fire up the engine and get to where we want to be. All that being said,
> it's a great boat. Maybe someone else can chime in here with better info.
>
> As for deck storage it has the 2 aft deck lockers, one is for a 20lb
> propane tank (Fits snug) the starboard side is more than twice as big, we
> store a second tank and flippers and masks etc. There's a line locker on
> the port side next to the cockpit, we keep all our dock lines and a 10L
> jerry can and has room for 2 small bags of garbage. The boat has no place
> to store sails, when we go on vacation we store the kite in the shower with
> the extra beer. The anchor locker is big, on top of the chain and rode for
> the 2 anchors we keep the portable generator there with lots of room to
> spare.
>
> I find the cockpit to be plenty big and comfortable, no complaints. All
> center cockpits are not easy to get in and out of if they have an
> enclosure, probably one of the reasons why the backrest are the
> height they are. We have a full enclosure at one height (see link below)
> like having an extra living room in all weather.  I upgraded to a folding
> 40" wheel, which makes it feel a bit more racy :)
>
> I looked at the boat on FB, ours is set up a bit differently. Where the FB
> boat has the captain's birth we have workbench and shelves. Below that is
> lots of storage.
>
> https://www.dropbox.com/s/h1kn0cmw1nk3aqo/20220815.jpg?dl=0
>
> *Kevin Wright*
> Raven