Hi Randy,

Good news..
I was just organizing my spring task lists and found the measurements in my
notes.

My boat is a 1978 30 Mark 1.

Masthead Sheaves are for both wire and rope:

Material: Aluminum with bronze bushing
7/16" I.D.   (bolt/shaft hole not the bushing hole)
9/16" Wide x 3.5" diameter
5/16" wide outer/rope groove (approx)
? Inner wire groove size unknown

Hope that helps.
Roy

Mar 16, 2023 8:51:12 a.m. Leeward Rail <leeward_r...@hotmail.com>:

> Randy,.
>
> Forgot to mention.  The original C&C masthead sheaves are aluminum with
> bronze bushings.   Basically bulletproof and superior to modern plastic ones.
>
> They likely just need cleaning and  lubrication.
>
> That said, some people have concerns that the dual groove design causing
> premature wear on rope.    Best solution to that IMO is to take them to a
> machine shop and have them re cut for rope only.   Cheaper than buying new
> ones, and you end up with a better quality result.
>
> Cheers,
> Roy
>
> Mar 15, 2023 2:46:00 p.m. Randy Stafford via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>:
>
>> Hello Listers,
>>
>> Does anyone happen to know the size (inner diameter, outer diameter, and
>> thickness) of the original mast sheaves on a 30 MK I?  I have hull #79,
>> 1972.  There are three at the masthead (two headsail, one mainsail), and
>> three at the base.  Does anyone know whether the masthead and mast base
>> sheaves are the same size?
>>
>> The original sheaves were grooved for wire/rope halyards.  I’m replacing my
>> original halyards with all-rope Novabraid Argus, and will replace the
>> sheaves to match.  I’m preparing to order replacements from Garhauer and
>> need to know the size.
>> https://www.garhauermarine.com/shop/?_categories=mast-sheaves.
>>
>> Right now I don’t have access to the masthead, but I can remove one of the
>> mast base sheaves to measure it.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Randy Stafford
>> SV Grenadine