Rob, here is a link to some photos of my idler project. I stuck my phone
under the idler plate and took photos and video and thanked the gods that
it wasn't completely rusted through like a lot of others boats were. I
removed the pedestal and broke an aluminum bolt which sucked. Mcmaster to
the rescue for the bolt. Edson charged 10x as much but they're proud of
their bolts. The nuts I believe are tacked in from underneath so that was a
bear.
I grinded the rusty areas of the idler plate and it seemed ok so I treated
it with POR system and replaced the chain and cable with Edson and
refinished the pedestal which I messed up but that's another story. It took
a while but it's nice to know it's all new. The cable stretches a lot over
the first year or so. All of these emails should be archived into a neat
library.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ere8DPhGiQrAazQEspKhvPl225YopZYm/view?usp=share_link

Rockland Bazemore
S/V Blue Pearl
C&C 37/40+
Annapolis, MD

On Tue, Aug 1, 2023 at 3:55 PM Rob Hamlin via CnC-List <
cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:

> Thinking about my my off season punch list.
>
> Steering system is next up, after motor mounts and running gear last year.
>
> Any idea on cable and idlers required?
>
> Thanks
> Rob
>
> Sent from my iPhone
> Please show your appreciation for this list and the Photo Album site and
> help me pay the associated bills.  Make a contribution at:
> https://www.paypal.me/stumurray
> Thanks for your help.
> Stu

Thanks for your help.