>> ImportError: Settings cannot be imported, because environment variable
>> DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE is undefined.
>
> I got that tftp error as well....and for the life of me i can't remember
> what the fix was.  I originally assumed that it was a side affect of doing
> the "make install", but since your getting it now I guess not.  When I get
> home (I keep saying when i get some place don't i?)  I'll look at my cli
> history to find what i did to fix it.  I remember looking into making sure i
> had the tftp server properly installed, but it had been running before I did
> the install..  but i think the 2.1+ cobbler actually has this as a config
> option in modules.conf.  Where you on 2.0.x before this?

The settings should have been backed up by that point, in
/tmp/cobbler_settings/ - are they there?

That Django error happens when Django can't find the settings.py file
in the sys.path. It most likely means that your config was blown away,
or that /usr/share/cobbler/web isn't there anymore (maybe blown away
in the make?).