Just to have a backup copy of the cobbler tree, I uploaded a copy of my 
tree to github... this is just an unofficial copy.
Anyway, github has some very nice graphing features, one of which shows 
something they call "impact".  Who is making changes to cobbler over time.

I've mentioned before if someone wishes to keep their patches on github 
(or another git tree that is web accessible), that easily allows me to 
preserve attribution.
So, that all being said, the following does not account for everyone, 
and shows that I am doing more work than I actually am. 
For those not listed, I still know who you are, and your contributions 
are invaluable.

Anyway, without further ado:

http://github.com/mpdehaan/cobbler/graphs/impact

You can see that, over time, Cobbler is transitioning away from being 
all Red Hat project to one where it is largely written and influenced by 
folks here, on this list.
Particularly you can see this pick up over the last 6 months or so.

Thank you immensely for all of this.   It means more than any technical 
wins Cobbler can ever achieve.

(If anyone is regularly submitting patches, I would suggest exploring 
git and github or gitorious.org, and if so I can add you to the list of 
folks with branches.   Also if you are a Fedora
packager, it's also possible to keep git branches on fedorapeople.org.  
Let me know if you'd like further info and I can try and point you in 
the right direction.  To those already
having remote git branches, that helps merging tremendously, so that is 
much appreciated!)

--Michael
_______________________________________________
cobbler mailing list
[email protected]
https://fedorahosted.org/mailman/listinfo/cobbler

Reply via email to