> Hi all,
>
> Is there anyway of querying the cobbler XML-RPC API to find out if a
> node has finished building?
>
> At the moment, the best way I can find is to check the last two lines of
> the logs, but I can't help thinking that if the server knows when the
> build has finished so it can put it in the log, the API must also know
> when the build is finished so i can "tell" the server to mark the build
> as completed in the log.
>
> I'm running some automated testing at the moment and I need to know that
> my VMs are up before I run the config-mgmt system against it! :)
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Matt

Maybe this could help?

# Email out a report when cobbler finishes installing a system.
# enabled: set to 1 to turn this feature on
# sender: optional
# email: which addresses to email
# smtp_server: used to specify another server for an MTA
# subject: use the default subject unless overridden

We use it here and get a E-Mail every time a system is either PXE'ed or
Koan'ed