Hi,

Currently I have a Cobbler installation stored in a Git repository, including
selected parts of /var/lib/cobbler and /etc/cobbler.

 /etc/cobbler/**
 /var/lib/cobbler/config/**
 /var/lib/cobbler/kickstarts/**
 /var/lib/cobbler/snippets/**
 /var/lib/cobbler/triggers/**

At some point I may have to transplant it.  I know there's the replication
feature, but I'm wondering what happens if, say, my server dies and all I have
left is the git repository.  For obvious reasons I didn't include the install
trees and RPM mirrors in /var/www/cobbler, although I now suspect I may need to
preserve selected parts of that too, except I'm not sure which.

I actually made an attempt at this very early on, and ran into problems because
I couldn't refresh these caches successfully. In particular the install tree -
there's a "cobbler import" command for the first time, which adds a distro,
however if the import has been done already for a given distro but the imported
data lost, can any of it be refreshed, and if so which parts?

I think I ended up starting from scratch, since initial blundering attempts to
restore the data broke cobbler (something in /var/www/cobbler/links was missing,
which broke the install process).

Next time I need to do this I want to be forearmed with a better understanding.
Can anyone help me with some pointers?

Thanks,