Early A.M. put out some seed and checked the Red Rocks feeders at the Trading Post. The Curve-billed Thrasher and one handsome White- throated Sparrow were present along with one Indigo Bunting among the Lazuli Buntings. Had good looks at the Indigo perched in the sunlight as well as feeding, and I was struck by the dark blue coloring on the head and throat, with lighter blue coloring on the back. Dan and Cynthia made the same observation after their arrival - said it didn't even look like the Indigo Buntings back east. Guess we are used to seeing the Indigo in shaded, brushy areas and haven't had the chance to really study them in bright sunlight.

Most of the birds reported by Mark Chavez and the Sander's yesterday were also present.

Birds we did not see this morning that have been very punctual most mornings the past several days included:
Golden-crowned Sparrow
Harris's Sparrow
White-crowned Sparrows
Slate-colored Fox Sparrow
Green-tailed Towhee

Still wondering (if/when)  they have left for  their summer ranges.

Mike Henwood
Morrison
Jefferson County