There has been for at least 5 days one m. Hairy Woodpecker in my yard and in my
neighborhood. One Western Scrub-Jay has been in my yard for the last 2 days.
Years ago I had one spend the winter in the yard. A late ad. m. Black-chinned
Hummingbird was in th yd. yesterday and today. For the last 5 days there have
been up to 3 immature/female type Black-chinned Hummingbirds, with at least 3,
immature Calliopes, and 3-4 immature Rufous Hummingbirds in the yd. As usual,
around 5 immature Broad-tailed Hummingbirds along with 1, ad. m. are still
here. White-breasted and Red-breasted Nuthatches are here along with Lesser
Golfinch[green-backed], feeding their noisey young. The Mountain Chickadee
remains also, along with 2 young Great-horned Owls. Several Western Wood-Pewee,
Chipping Sparrow, and a Cordilleran have been seen in the last 3 days. Wilson's
Warbler has been present too, along with the other common yard birds. Call
303-906-5479 and leave a message if you want to watch for immature Humminbirds,
and with luck maybe an adult. Happy Birding!Tina Jones4400 Bow Mar DrLittleton,
Jefferson County, CO